Do you ride a bike or motorcycle and want to learn how to fall like a ninja? This workshop is for you! In this FREE workshop cyclists will have the opportunity to practice falling in a safe, padded environment. Rolling on the mat will train you to roll safely on the road as you learn to dive, survive, and return quickly to your feet.
Using techniques borrowed from Judo (“the gentle way”), you’ll practice dispersing energy as you hit the ground, avoiding direct impact on your joints and bones.
Diving rolls for distance throws, hard rolls for close-range impact, side falls and moving on the ground will all be covered. Partner movement drills will improve your reflexes, improving response time and honing the concept of living in the moment.
Training awareness and focus help the smart city cyclist and weekend adventurer be prepared to make life-saving decisions instantly.
- When? This workshop takes place one Saturday every 3 months, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. For 2018, workshops are scheduled for January 6th, April 7th, and July 7th.
- Where? Quantum Martial Arts, 2390 Mission Street, Suite #305, San Francisco.
- Who Teaches? Master Rachael Evans.
- What to Bring? Water, comfortable clothes you can move in.
- How to Register? No registration or tickets are necessary, but please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so we know to expect you.
- What is the Cost? This is a FREE community event.